Pages


Monday, June 20, 2011

My Boys


What is it about baseball that keeps us young? That allows men to feel like boys? That creates this bond between father and son? Bryant Gumbel said, "The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."
I never thought that I would feel that way, but it has this quality of being something bigger, something to be revered. I love going to my son's games, learning the strategy involved, watching these 11-year-old boys turn double plays and steal second and lay down beautiful bunts. I'm afraid it is getting into my blood.
Posted by Picasa

This photo was entered into the I Heart Faces photo challenge

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what the coach is saying/thinking, but the batter seems to be listening intently. Nice shot. gotta love summer baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad is his coach. I am so glad that he listens to his dad. I was never good at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I can see Dad is so proud and son wants to be the best! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, I could have written this exact post! Who could have ever known I would love to watch my kid play so much baseball? He is also 11. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete