Pages


Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh, the humanity!

My book club holds our annual Christmas party in January. It's just easier that way. We all have young kids and lots of family and the month of December is a sprint as it is.
This year, I decided to take my birthday present with me: Just Dance II for the wii. I love to dance. I have zero rhythm, no moves, but I sing really loud and smile a lot to make up for it. In my Shannon-logic, I decided that asking for that game for my birthday would help me learn some moves, thereby rendering me awesome at age 37. Have I mentioned that I was once so sure of my moves that I actually tried out for Poms? Oh my gosh, what a ridiculous idea that was. This body was not meant for dancing. I look like an 80-year-old woman with a bad back. On no, that's how I feel...
I digress. As usual.
The first time I played, I cracked poor Keebles in the head three times with my Wii-mote. It's a good thing that she is such a good sport, or she has a really hard head.
When we played at the Christmas party, I didn't hurt anyone (bonus) and I was lucky enough to have friends willing to document my awesomeness in photos. (Please know that this is written fully in sarcasm font.)
So, here I am, rocking out some song at 11:30 at night in my friend's basement. I have no earthly idea what I am doing, but I'll be sure to break this movie out at my cousins wedding in April. I think I'll call it "Monthly Self-Exam."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: