- I send them every year. I send a letter. I suppose that I am one of those annoying people who irritates the crap out of everyone. I do try very hard not to make my letter vomit-inducing, but I am probably deluding myself.
- I send cards because I enjoy it. I enjoy it much more now that I quit hand-making my cards (whose crazy idea was that, anyway?) I enjoy the act of addressing the envelopes and signing the cards and spending a moment thinking about that recipient and sending them glad tidings from my heart.
- I send cards because I love receiving cards. One of my favorite things this time of year is heading out to the mailbox and settling in and savoring those cards and photos and letters. Yes, I even love the letters.
- I send cards because I have elderly family scattered all over the US who are not on Facebook. I want them to know that I am thinking of them.
- I send cards because I think that good, old-fashioned communication is a lost art form.
- Also, I love addressing the envelopes. Weird, huh?
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Why I send Christmas Cards
After reading a blog today explaining why the blogger was not sending Christmas Cards, I felt very defensive about the fact that I do send them. Then the blogger asked for one reason why I am sending cards. Here's a list: