Pages


Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Why I send Christmas Cards

After reading a blog today explaining why the blogger was not sending Christmas Cards, I felt very defensive about the fact that I do send them.  Then the blogger asked for one reason why I am sending cards.  Here's a list:


  • I send them every year. I send a letter.  I suppose that I am one of those annoying people who irritates the crap out of everyone.  I do try very hard not to make my letter vomit-inducing, but I am probably deluding myself.
  • I send cards because I enjoy it.  I enjoy it much more now that I quit hand-making my cards (whose crazy idea was that, anyway?)  I enjoy the act of addressing the envelopes and signing the cards and spending a moment thinking about that recipient and sending them glad tidings from my heart.
  • I send cards because I love receiving cards.  One of my favorite things this time of year is heading out to the mailbox and settling in and savoring those cards and photos and letters.  Yes, I even love the letters.
  • I send cards because I have elderly family scattered all over the US who are not on Facebook.  I want them to know that I am thinking of them.  
  • I send cards because I think that good, old-fashioned communication is a lost art form.
  • Also, I love addressing the envelopes.  Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment