Pages


Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful. November 10.

It feels very strange not to have a photo to go along with this one, but I don't.  Well, I could, but I am not going to take the time to dig out and scan old photos.
Today, I am grateful for moving.
I had moved 16 times by the time I was 14 years old.  I have lived in 5 different states, and while I have lived in the same house for the past 14 and a half years, I still consider myself a bit of a nomad.
If I had not moved like that, I wouldn't have an appreciation for different parts of the country.  I wouldn't have many of my friendships.  I may not have become as obnoxiously outgoing as I am.  I would be much more uncomfortable with change.  I wouldn't understand that friendships ebb and flow and that's ok.
My family always talks about that last move and the opportunities that it brought to me and my sister.  The move to Princeton, IL was a fabulous one for our family.  Princeton instantly felt like home.  I felt accepted and I was able to be highly involved at the high school.
One of the coolest experiences of my high school career was my volleyball team winning the State Championship in 1990, 23 years ago today (ahhh!  There is a connection.)  If we hadn't moved to Princeton, I wouldn't have had that opportunity.
I am grateful for the  moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment